MCEC Film and/or Photography Shoot Requests
To seek permission to use MCEC for your Film and/or Photography Shoot, please fill out and submit the Film and Photography Shoot Request Form.
Written approval from MCEC must be received at least five (5) working days prior to any filming or photography taking place.
Please retain these Terms and Conditions for reference.
- Interiors and exteriors of the entire MCEC, including the lawn area by the river and footpaths at the front entrance;
- Any public access point;
- Spencer Street pedestrian bridge;
- Seafarers Bridge (Siddeley Street); and
- Driveways and car parking areas.
While on site at MCEC the following rules apply
- You must report to the Customer Service Desk upon arrival to register for access. Proof of identification and/or booking confirmation email will be required.
- Public access points must not be blocked at any time.
- Egress points must not be blocked at any time.
- The public must not be restricted entering or leaving the venue.
- Vehicles are not permitted on the lawn area.
- Safe work practices must be observed to at all times.
- Any person conducting a Film and/or Photography Shoot in or around the MCEC without approval will be asked to leave the premises immediately.
You are required to present evidence of the following insurance cover:
- Public Liability Insurance: at least $10million any one occurrence, or other amount as agreed with the MCEC
- WorkCover Insurance: covering all employees involved in the Film and/or Photography Shoot.
Liability and Indemnity
Subject to law:
a) the MCEC will not be liable to you or any other party for any cause of action howsoever arising (including but not limited to claims based in contract, tort, equity or otherwise) under or in connection with this Film and/or Photography Shoot; and
b) you release the MCEC from any claim for loss or damage howsoever arising (including but not limited to claims based in contract, tort, equity or otherwise) under or in connection with this Film and/or Photography Shoot.
You indemnify the MCEC against all loss, damage, costs, claims and expenses incurred by the MCEC under or in connection with this Film and/or Photography Shoot including (but not limited to) any public liability claims made against the MCEC arising directly or indirectly from the use of the MCEC or other designated areas by you and any such claims due to any breach by you of, or act or omission by you relating to, this Film and/or Photography Shoot.
Cancellation of Approval
The MCEC reserves the right to withdraw (without any form of compensation) approval for a Film and/or Photographic Shoot if, in the opinion of MCEC’s management, there are circumstances arising or prevailing that:
a) threaten public safety or order;
b) would result in risk of personal injury;
c) would result in risk of damage to property; or
d) by reason of Force Majeure.
The MCEC is purpose-built to accommodate meetings, conferences, exhibitions and events attracting large numbers of people. Permission will not be granted for Film and/or Photograph Shoots when large events are taking place at the MCEC.
Access to various areas of MCEC may be restricted at certain times. MCEC will take all reasonable steps to notify you prior to the Film and/or Photography Shoot taking place but accepts no responsibility if access is denied or restricted on the day.
MCEC reserves the right to remove any persons not abiding by the restrictions set out in this document.