MCEC returns to 100 per cent capacity
The Victorian Government has announced a further easing of restrictions in line with Victoria achieving 90 per cent vaccination rate.
Under Phase D of the roadmap, all events held at MCEC can return to 100 per cent standard operating capacity.
Event capacity restrictions no longer apply and all events can now proceed in-line with overall venue capacities. All visitors and employees over the age of 12 must be fully vaccinated.
All seated and non-seated events
Capacity & density
100 per cent of standard operating capacity
1 person per 1.5 sqm density in all non-seated areas
- Restrictions on food and beverage service removed, all operations return to standard operations.
- Dancefloors reinstated.
- Face coverings are required in all front of house service delivery roles (e.g. Security, Exhibitors, F&B Service staff).
- Vaccination and contact tracing management:
- All attendees aged over 12 years and 2 months must be fully vaccinated.
- COVID Check-in Marshals required to verify vaccination and Service Victoria QR code check-in, managed by MCEC until 31/12/2021.
- 1 January 2022 onwards, if Victorian Government guidelines still require verification of QR Code check in and vaccination status customers must include staffing requirements to complete this function at event entry.
For further information visit the Victorian Government coronavirus website.
Ready to start planning your next event? Get planning today!