Bring the team back together at MCEC
Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC) is welcoming back small events and meetings, in-person, in a safe space, and with the support of VenueSafe specialists.
Over the past year, MCEC has been working with health authorities and industry experts to establish a safe events framework and put in place health and safety standards, systems and practices. Throughout the process we’ve become experts hosting safe meetings and events.
Our VenueSafe Plan sets out principles and practices to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of everyone – employees, suppliers and all visitors to MCEC.
VenueSafe measures include:
- Limiting entry – our venue is only open to registered or identified guests; it is not open to the public.
- Entry screening and sanitising – at all open entry points there are hand sanitising and temperature check stations.
- Signage - throughout the venue signage reminds visitors about social distancing and hygiene. Artwork is available for event organisers to include it in their signage.
- Increased cleaning – cleaning throughout the venue is more frequent, including sanitising high frequency touch points, such as door handles and elevator buttons; and more frequent cleaning and disinfecting of restrooms.
- Food and beverage - new and extended menus offer different ways of serving food, such as eat stations and packaged options. Kitchen cleaning and sanitising has been ramped up and training, rostering, daily safety briefings and designated employee-only areas are ensuring we maintain a safe environment.
- Training - all MCEC employees have received best practice training on VenueSafe safety and sanitisation protocols.
At MCEC we understand that organising an event at the moment can be daunting. That’s why we have built up the expertise and resources to offer complete solutions that take the stress out of organising meetings and events.
Our Venue Safe Advisory (VSA) Team provides a single source of truth on COVID-19 and infection control. As Darren Horne, Senior Manager Security & Safety at MCEC, explains: “The VSA Team interprets complex and ever-changing information about COVID-19, workplace safety and the events sector to provide our customers with the best possible industry advice and guidance”.
Our VenueSafe Advisors are experts in COVID-19 restrictions, workplace safety and events. They support event organisers on all matters relating to COVID-19 and hosting events at MCEC. “VenueSafe Advisors have an incredible knowledge of the Public Events Framework and the MCEC VenueSafe Plan. They help our customers bring their events to life in a safe manner while observing all the Department of Health & Human Service (DHHS) guidelines around public gatherings,” said Darren Horne.
So, with dedicated expertise and support across safety, spaces, technology and food, your next meeting can be in person and stress-free.
As Peter King, CEO of MCEC says, “Things may look a little different, but we’re confident that with new measures in place, you can continue to enjoy Melbourne’s home of meetings and events – safely.”
To find out what’s possible at MCEC, enquire here