It’s time to talk business.
5 topics to discuss with your event planner.
As COVID-19 restrictions are easing and people are reconnecting in real life, it's time to start thinking and talking about your next event.
Our event planners are here to help. You don’t need to be an event expert, that’s our job. So, we will chat with you about your event, your needs and the best options available.
Danielle Rajasuriar, Meetings and Events Sales Executive highlights 5 things to consider before planning your event. And Danielle points out that you don’t need to have all the answers, or even all the questions, we can talk through each area.
Have you considered how restrictions around COVID-19 may impact on the size and type of event you hold?
Depending on the restrictions of the day, there may be limits on attendee numbers, spaces required, type of food service, cleaning of spaces and equipment, and so on. Your event may benefit from our hybrid capabilities – allowing you to bring in attendees in person and online.
Our event planners are on top of the changing restrictions. We know what is needed for every event to be COVIDsafe and comply with regulations. In fact, we have a VenueSafe Plan and a VenueSafe team to assist you. We want you and your guests to be and feel safe when visiting MCEC.
What type and size space do you think you will need?
To choose from our many rooms, configurations and technologies, think about:
- the number of people likely to attend
- the activities planned (presentations, panels, breakout groups etc.)
- the type of atmosphere you want to create (for example lots of natural light, great views and access to outdoor spaces or a quieter space for focused learning or small group discussions).
We can accommodate two people or two hundred people. Our spaces are versatile and offer every configuration you can imagine – and others you can’t.
Who are you feeding?
Our food is exceptional, whether it’s morning tea, a gourmet lunchbox or seated dining. We offer impressive inclusive packages or can customise a menu just for your event.
To help decide, consider:
- Your guests – who are they?
- Dietary requirements – our dietary options are as carefully planned and delicious as all of our menu items.
- What are you planning for the day? Full day activities, half day, dinner?
- Do you have a theme for your event? Our chefs can create a menu that reflects your event theme.
You don’t need all of the details at the outset, but so we can work together to create something special it helps to know:
- Your budget - we can help you stay within your budget.
- Will there be remote attendees, speakers or presenters?
- What activities are you considering?
- Will you need specific equipment and technology to support your event?
- Has this event been held before? If so, what did you like and not like about previous events?
- What has worked well in the past and what hasn’t?
- Is there anything particular about your event, organisers or attendees that we should know?
What’s important to you?
This is the most important question. And the least tangible.
- What do you want to achieve from your event?
- What do you want your guests and your organisation to take away from this event?
- How do you want your guests to feel?
By understanding what’s important, we can make sure your event focuses on delivering the outcomes you want.
To start talking with us about your next event or meeting, contact us here