Keeping our suppliers and contractors safe
How we're keeping you safe
Dedicated VenueSafe Advisors have been established, to work alongside employees, customers and contractors to ensure that MCEC and Victorian Government health measures are followed.
MCEC is only open to events and visitors in attendance, the venue is unable to be accessed as a public thoroughfare.
Entry screening will be located at all MCEC entry and exit points. This includes hand sanitising and temperature checks prior to entry.
All MCEC employees have received training on VenueSafe safety and sanitisation protocols.
What you can do to keep our community safe
Stay at home if you are feeling unwell and get tested if you have any symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Adhere to physical distancing measures.
Practise good hand hygiene and sneeze or cough into a tissue or your elbow.
MCEC encourages all visitors download the COVIDSafe app to enhance contact tracing while at the venue and beyond.
Our VenueSafe measures
Information for suppliers and contractors
- Stringent health and safety measures are in place to ensure all Suppliers and Contractors comply with the requirements of the Plan.
- Suppliers and Contractors will be required to comply with MCEC’s VenueSafe Loading Dock procedures.
- Where applicable, Suppliers and Contractors will be required to submit their coronavirus (COVID-19) plan incorporating health and safety measures to reduce the risk of coronavirus. This must be submitted to MCEC for review prior to attending the site.
- Sanitisation stations will be available at the loading docks and distribution points for Suppliers and Contractors.
- Registration measures will also be in place for personnel that arrive onsite to assist with contact tracing.
Resources and support
• MCEC’s safety and security team have been established as dedicated VenueSafe Advisors within the business, to work alongside employees, customers and contractors to ensure that MCEC and Government health measures are followed.
• A detailed VenueSafe Plan has been developed for MCEC’s safe reopening, which will be provided to all customers with event bookings.
• All MCEC employees have received training on coronavirus (COVID-19) safety and sanitisation protocols.
For any specific questions relating to coronavirus (COVID-19), your event organiser can help put you in touch with the VenueSafe Advisor.
Event only access
- MCEC is only open to events and visitors in attendance. It will not be possible to use MCEC as a public thoroughfare to the surrounding precinct.
- Entry and exit points have been reduced to allow for entry screening.
- Building access will vary, your event organiser will provide information on the best entrance for your event.
- The Exhibition Centre car park will still be available for use. Access for general car park users who are not attending an event will be limited to Car Park Door 1.
Health, sanitisation and cleaning
- Entry screening points will be located at all MCEC entry and exit points, this includes hand sanitising and temperature checks prior to entry for all visitors, customers, employees and contractors.
- Sanitisation stations containing at least 60 per cent alcohol have been distributed across MCEC at key entry points, customer service desks and other high traffic areas.
- Frequency of routine cleaning has increased across the venue and the sanitisation of high frequency touch point areas is a priority.
- MCEC has developed an escalation flow chart to respond appropriately to Employees and Visitors who present with symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19). This is detailed in MCEC's VenueSafe Plan.
Physical distancing measures
• Prominent on-site signage has been placed in high traffic flow areas to remind visitors of the 1.5m physical distancing rule.
- Conditions of entry
Where can I find more information?
Please visit the Department of Health and Human Services website for the latest advice on the measures in place in Victoria to help slow the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Victorian Government updates
Australian Government updates