Update on current restrictions in Victoria
We're regularly updating this page with the latest information. In fact, the last time we did it was: Tuesday 11 January 2021.
In response to the current community outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) the Victorian Government has announced increased restrictions to Victoria from 11.59pm Thursday 6 January 2022.
What does this mean for MCEC?
- We continue to work with the Victorian Government, to understand how future changes may impact MCEC and any future events.
- We will share updates as new information comes to hand.
What does this mean for event organisers?
- If your event is impacted by the current restrictions your account manager or event planner will contact you to discuss any amendments required for the COVIDSafe execution of your event.
- We are in regular contact with the Victorian Government and pass this information on to you as it comes to hand. With the information provided, we can only advise events to make their own risk and critical deadlines assessments.
- Please ensure to share MCEC’s pre-event communications with your attendees available on our VenueSafe webpage.
What are the current restrictions?
- Indoor dancefloors are not permitted.
- Exhibition and Convention centres such as MCEC are currently excluded from the density quotient of 1 person per 2 sqm.
- Non-seated / standing consumption of food and beverage is strongly discouraged.
- Masks are mandatory on-site at all times, unless you have a medical reason preventing you to do so.
- COVID check-in Marshall in position at event entry to verify completion of Service Vic QR code and vaccination requirements.
- All events held at MCEC must adhere to the requirements of MCEC’s venue specific approved VenueSafe Plan.
- The decision to implement increased restrictions by the Victorian Government is based on health advice and due to a heightened coronavirus risk landscape.
For further information please visit the Victorian Government coronavirus website.