Frequently asked questions
What is included in my exhibition space rental?
All exhibition space rentals include the following at no additional charge:
- A dedicated team of experts including an Account Manager, Event Planner, Technology Planner and Operations Manager.
- Organiser office
- Hospitality suite
- Dedicated bathrooms for your visitors
- Kiosk facility
- Adjacent concourse that you can use for registration
What else do I need to consider?
The following services need to be sourced via external suppliers:
- Freight forwarding
- Security and cleaning
The following MCEC services are additional to the hire of the space:
- Power, lighting, water
- Food and beverages
- Ticketing services
- Wi-Fi (Complimentary guest Wi-Fi is available in public spaces. Wi-Fi is available in exhibition bays, at a cost)
We recommend factoring an additional 20% on the space hire to cover cleaning, power, lighting and water.
How much space do I need for my exhibition?
This depends on factors such as how many exhibitors you anticipate, the size of the booths or displays and the number of guests you expect at any one time. We recommend speaking to your chosen stand builder for an estimate and floor plan. Or, as a first step, you can have a look at our Venue Kit supplied by one of our partners.
Exhibition space is sold at a minimum of 2 bays (3,000sqm). This ensures you have:
- Access to one loading dock door
- Minimum of one set of dedicated restrooms for your visitors
- Minimum of one kiosk to supply any food
- Minimum of one entry door for your visitors
Additional space can then be added per bay (1,500sqm).
Can I supply my own food and/or beverage at my event?
MCEC has exclusive rights to food and beverage services; therefore, food and beverage distribution/sampling is not permitted without prior authorisation. Exceptions may be granted to food and beverage trade or upon written approval by MCEC.
What are exhibitor move-in and move-out times?
Move-in access commences at 00.01 AM and move-out concludes at 21.00 PM.
A move-in/move-out schedule will need to be supplied by your stand builder detailing the following information:
- Build location (building & room/level) – e.g. Melbourne Exhibition Centre – Bays 1-2
- Shell scheme build times
- Custom stand build times
- Exhibitor move-in/out
- Show open/close
- Distribution and collection of furniture and signage
- Build times for entry features, registration desks etc.
- Contact on site (name and number)