Keeping event organisers safe
How we're keeping you safe
Dedicated VenueSafe Advisors have been established, to work alongside employees, customers and contractors to ensure that MCEC and Victorian Government health measures are followed.
MCEC is only open to events and visitors in attendance, the venue is unable to be accessed as a public thoroughfare.
Entry screening will be located at all MCEC entry and exit points. This includes hand sanitising and temperature checks prior to entry.
All MCEC employees have received training on VenueSafe safety and sanitisation protocols.
What you can do to keep our community safe
Stay at home if you are feeling unwell and get tested if you have any symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Adhere to physical distancing measures.
Practise good hand hygiene and sneeze or cough into a tissue or your elbow.
MCEC encourages all visitors download the COVIDSafe app to enhance contact tracing while at the venue and beyond.
Our VenueSafe measures
Resources and support
• MCEC’s safety and security team have been established as dedicated VenueSafe Advisors within the business, to work alongside employees, customers and contractors to ensure that MCEC and Government health measures are followed.
• A detailed VenueSafe Plan has been developed for MCEC’s safe reopening, which will be provided to all customers with event bookings.
• All MCEC employees have received training on coronavirus (COVID-19) safety and sanitisation protocols.
For any specific questions relating to coronavirus (COVID-19), your Event Planner can help put you in touch with the VenueSafe Advisor.
Event organiser considerations
MCEC has updated its floorplans and capacities in line with current Victorian Government advice on physical distancing. Contact our Sales team at email@example.com or your Event Planner for revised capacities, menus and virtual event options.
MCEC encourages event organisers to implement contactless ticketing measures. MCEC Employees will work to ensure a fast entry into the event, using electronic scanning or visual inspection of tickets or lanyards. Unless only accessing the MCEC carpark, all visitors require proof of event registration to enter the venue.
Capturing contact details of event attendees for the purposes of contact tracing is the responsibility of the event organiser.
Event only access
- MCEC is only open to events and visitors in attendance. It will not be possible to use MCEC as a public thoroughfare to the surrounding precinct.
- Entry and exit points have been reduced to allow for entry screening.
- Building access will vary, your event organiser will provide information on the best entrance for your event.
- The Exhibition Centre car park will still be available for use. Access for general car park users who are not attending an event will be limited to Car Park Door 1.
Health, sanitisation and cleaning
- Entry screening points will be located at all MCEC entry and exit points, this includes hand sanitising and temperature checks prior to entry for all visitors, customers, employees and contractors.
- Sanitisation stations containing at least 60 per cent alcohol have been distributed across MCEC at key entry points, customer service desks and other high traffic areas.
- Frequency of routine cleaning has increased across the venue and the sanitisation of high frequency touch point areas is a priority.
- MCEC has developed an escalation flow chart to respond appropriately to Employees and Visitors who present with symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19). This is detailed in MCEC's VenueSafe Plan.
Physical distancing measures
• Prominent on-site signage has been placed in high traffic flow areas to remind visitors of the 1.5m physical distancing rule.
Safe food and beverage service
We have adapted our food and beverage offerings to provide a safe and secure environment for our visitors and employees. Some changes include:
• Plexiglass barriers are in place at all MCEC food and beverage service areas.
• All take away items available to purchase from our cafés will be individually packaged and served to you.
• All lounges and dining areas have been set in-line with physical distancing measures between each table/couch/lounge in all seating areas.
• Gloves are continued to be worn by employees who require them to do their jobs, such as food handlers.
• MCEC’s three cafés have been cashless since July 2019 and MCEC has extended this practice to event specific food and beverage services including pop-ups and kiosks.
• Additional hand washing and sanitisation stations with signage in all designated catering areas.
• Seating areas set in line with physical distancing guidelines.
• Staggered break times to allow limited capacity at all catering areas.
• Tailored menus to offer additional styles of meal service.
In addition to our Food Safety Plan our Kitchen Team is taking extra precautions which is detailed in the MCEC VenueSafe Plan.
- Conditions of entry
If you have further questions about specific measures for your event, please contact your Account Manager or Event Planner and we will do our best to respond to you within 72 hours. Please note that our first priority is to assist customers with more immediate events. We will then continue to focus our efforts on working with customers with bookings further out.
If you have further questions about specific measures for your event, please contact the sales team at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to respond to you within 72 hours. Please note that our first priority is to assist customers with more immediate events. We will then continue to focus our efforts on working with customers with bookings further out.
Where can I find more information?
Please visit the Department of Health and Human Services website for the latest advice on the measures in place in Victoria to help slow the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Victorian Government updates
Australian Government updates